What is ICT?
The MSU Career Services Network International Corporate Tour (ICT) is designed for MSU students interested in networking with employers, exploring various professions, touring company facilities, making friends, and discovering new cities. The ICT is experiential learning (non-academic credit) that brings students and career practitioners into actual work environments.
The intent of ICT UK/Europe (May 7th to May 25th, 2014) is not to secure internships and full-time positions at these international locations. However, for ICT/China (May 30th to June 16th, 2014), Chinese national students are encouraged to participate as one of the goals is to connect these students with our partner companies in China for internships and full-time positions.
ICT / CHINA
Travel Dates: May 30th-June 16th
Location: Shanghai and Hong Kong
Application: China Application
In early June 2014 the group will head to China for a 15 day excursion. We are preparing for tentative company visits in Shanghai and Hong Kong. Companies may include Procter & Gamble, International Paper, Bosch, and Dell.
- To give students the opportunity to learn more about the corporate world
- To practice business etiquette and professionalism
- To provide networking opportunities
- To meet new people and visit exciting places
- To expose the students to a variety of social and business cultures
- To advance the students understanding of the global marketplace
HOW TO APPLY
The application deadline for ICT-CHINA is Friday, March 14, 2014 and only fully completed applications will be considered. We will be taking no more than 20 participants on this trip.
Application materials should include: 1) the attached application; 2) your resume; 3) a reference list of two academic and/or professional contacts; 4) a 300-word essay addressing the following:
- What are your professional goals and ambitions?
- Why would the CSN International Corporate Tour be a great opportunity for you?
- What would you like to gain from this experience?
You can apply by emailing your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your application off at: The Lear Corporation Career Services Center (21 Eppley, Broad Business College Complex), The Center for Spartan Engineering or Career Services @ Spartan Stadium (2nd floor of stadium tower).