What is MySpartanCareer?
• All job postings: full-time, part-time, on-campus, off-campus, internships
• On-campus interviewing schedules
• Event announcements
• “Other resources” to research your career
How do I get an account?
• Click “log in here”
• Enter your MSU NetID and Password
• Enter profile information
How do I upload a resume?
• In MySpartanCareer, click the “documents” tab
• Click “add new” to upload a resume, and follow the prompts
• OR: use the “resume builder” sub-tab to enter your information directly into the system.
Note: The resume builder is an excellent tool for helping you get started on a resume, but to create a resume that will get the attention of an employer you need to do MUCH MORE! Make an appointment with a Field Career Consultant in your college or a Career Advisor to help your resume to make you shine! Not sure how to do that? Please contact the Career Service Network at MSU.
How do I search for jobs?
• In MySpartanCareer, click the “Jobs” tab
• View postings and change to “all jobs listings”
• Enter your search criteria, such as on-campus, full-time, etc.
Note: It is important to periodically update your profile and resume information. When applying for jobs, MySpartanCareer compares the requirements of the job with the information in your profile when you search. If your personal information is not up-to-date, MySpartanCareer will assume you are not qualified for some positions. Also be sure to upload a current resume each time you search for jobs.
What if I would like help with my resume, job searching strategies, or interview preparation?
• Make an appointment with a Field Career Consultant in your college or a Career Advisor through the appointment system at http://careernetwork.msu.edu/students/advising
What if I have problems with the MySpartanCareer system?
• Call (517) 355-9510 Monday- Friday 8 am to 5 pm.
POTENTIAL JOB OPPORTUNITY for Japanese Speaking Students
MHI (Mitsubishi Heavy Industries) – Campus Recruiting Seminar at the University of Michigan
MHI will visit the University of Michigan and hold a Campus Recruiting Seminar on Monday, November 7th from 5 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
It is open to all majors and to students from all universities/colleges
Japanese proficiency required (seminar will be conducted in Japanese)
For more details: http://www.lighthouse-gl.com/CR/company/MHI.html